Saturday, August 7, 2010

What Happened Next

Well, the next part of the tale of my move home is a petty gross one. A few weeks after moving home, also known as yesterday, I decided to stop by the apartment on a whim to pick up a few things from my roommate. As we went through the things in my room, it became clear that something awful had happened. Essentially everything I owned that had been left behind had a thick, disgusting carpet of mold growing on it.

How my roommate didn't notice any sort of smell or anything, I'll never understand, but almost everything was beyond salvage. Nearly every paperback book I own was destroyed, as well as a dozen or so important childhood keepsakes. A stuffed dog I've had since I was born looked like a rotting piece of meat.

What happened, as far as we can tell, is that the constant storms of the past few months cause water to seep in a constant stream into the corner of the room. Since I wasn't around for most of that time, simply, no one noticed. We're trying to save what we can, but most appears beyond saving. This kinda stinks. I'll try and post something funny or interesting later on, but for now... meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment